Silly me, forgot to add the recipe! Everyone did end up liking it. I just think they like complaining more.
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1/4 pound ham steaks, chopped
- 2 sprigs rosemary, left intact
- 1 sprig thyme, left intact
- 1 medium onion, finely chopped
- 1 cup baby carrots, chopped
- 2 ribs celery, chopped
- 4 large garlic cloves, chopped
- 2 (15 ounce) cans cannellini beans drained and rinsed well
- 1 quart chicken stock
- 1 quart vegetable stock
- 1-1 ½ cups ditalini
- Grated Parmigiano
- Really good crusty bread
Heat pot over medium high heat and add oil, onion, garlic and ham. Sauté for 3-4 minutes, add herb stems and chopped vegetables and sauté for 3-4 more minutes. Add beans and stock to pot and raise heat to high. Let soup boil for 5-8 minutes. Reduce heat to medium and cook soup, stiring occasionally. Add pasta and cook to desired doneness about 8-10 minutes. Remove herb stems from pot before ladling into bowls. Top soup with grated parmigiano and a nice chunk of crusty bread for dipping. Salt and pepper to taste. Feel warm and happy inside!